[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - QOTD 9/17/2012: Fall Into Fall

QOTD 9/17/2012: Fall Into Fall

Daily Question of the Day

Moderator: okbye

QOTD 9/17/2012: Fall Into Fall

Postby LucyLu » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:26 pm

What's your favorite thing about Fall? Autumn produce and food? Football? Cooler weather? Impending holidays? Back-to-school?
Lucy

~The GEFP official Ace of Cakes~
LucyLu
Vice Admiral Briner

Re: QOTD 9/17/2012: Fall Into Fall

Postby okbye » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:54 am

Just the fact that summer is over is enough for me.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby Chef Mongo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:55 am

I love it for just the weather pattern we're having now. Today is going to be gray and rainy (which I love once in a while). Tomorrow, when the cold front arrives, we'll get big thunderstorms (which I LOVE). And Wednesday, the front will have swept through and the skies will be such a deep blue you feel like you could dive into them. Oh, and the high will be in the mid-'70s.
"Anything that makes your mother cry is fun." -- P. J. O'Rourke
Chef Mongo
Dad

Postby chefshawn » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:17 am

okbye wrote:Just the fact that summer is over is enough for me.

True dat.
Official Keeper of the Cookbooks and Learner of New Things Daily

"but civilized man cannot live without cooks."
chefshawn
Big Brother

Postby tj » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:51 am

The smell. The cooler, rushing weather. The memories of apples and pumpkins and squashes on the way. Pie. When I was a kid, the weightless feeling of the end of a school day in fal and spring was always wonderful. I think some of the happiest times of my life were those few minutes walking home after the school day.
tj
Admiral Briner

Postby DitsyD » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:55 am

The State Fair of Texas!!!
http://www.bigtex.com/sft/

The Greek Food Festival of Dallas!!
http://www.greekfestivalofdallas.com/

Friday Night Marching Band at the football games!!

My Birthday!
"Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the only means." ~Albert Einstein
"Life is too short to make crust for uncertain pies."~Wendy McClure
If looks could kill, women wouldn't need frying pans.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.
DitsyD
Admiral Briner

Postby LucyLu » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:31 am

I like Fall Fashion. It's my favorite fashion season, followed closely by spring. I love sweaters and jeans, and fall is sweater and jeans season.

I also like colder, apple pie, cuddle weather. Mmmm, apple pie and cuddle time. The best!!! Yay fall!
Lucy

~The GEFP official Ace of Cakes~
LucyLu
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Jules » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:45 am

LucyLu wrote:What's your favorite thing about Fall? Autumn produce and food? Football? Cooler weather? Impending holidays? Back-to-school?

During the Fall and Winter months, there's something very satisfying about popping open a jar of our jam and tasting fruit that won't be available for months.
OH - and I can enjoy my hot chocolate without someone commenting "are you sure you want that hot? It's already so warm outside." And, like Lucy, I also like
being able to wear my sweaters again.
Last edited by Jules on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm impressed ... and happy. Not "surprised" ... but happy.
I AM Queen of the Jammed!
Jules
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby okbye » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:50 pm

BTW It's not fall here yet.

I do love being able to wear my soft and fuzzy sweaters too, but that's a ways off yet.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby haleoalau » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:06 pm

I love everything about Fall. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. Clothes, food, weather, rain, sometimes snow, the colors of nature. This summer was particularly brutal so the cooler weather truly is a breath of fresh air. I expect we'll get a very warm Indian Summer pretty soon - some days with next couple of weeks are predicted to be in the 80's, but the Farmer's Almanac is saying snow by the end of October. Could be a very interesting autumn.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
haleoalau
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby gypsy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:38 pm

LEATHER BOOTS! I can't get enough of 'em. :dance:
Breast cancer is a disease, not a marketing opportunity.
----------------------------
That Obama sticker on your car might as well say, "Yes, I'm Stupid".
----------------------------
Mangia e statte zitte.
gypsy
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Butterbean » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:30 pm

I love just about everything about Fall: milder temperatures, beautiful colors, harvest foods, etc. The only major negative, as they say in Game of Thrones, WINTER IS COMING. :x

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Postby vickatina » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:42 pm

I like Fall for pretty much the same reasons as others have mentioned; weather, hot chocolate, nature, the sweaters etc...

I also like Fall because my favorite holiday is Halloween!! Hay rides! Haunted houses! Corn mazes! and Pumpkin Picking!
"I'm not a stalker, I'm an unpaid private investigator." ;)

The GEFP Roving Reporter
vickatina
Vice Admiral Briner

Location: Well, we're living here in Allentown (actually, just a bit north)

Postby beenie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:01 am

Pretty much everything. Cooler weather, rich colors (clothing and decor as well as foliage), open windows, fire smell, apple and pumpkin picking, not holing myself up in air conditioning, soups and stews, October's brilliant blue skies, college football, brainstorming Christmas gifts and decor, my birthday. :)
I've been kissed by Pixie - for real!
beenie
Big Sister

Return to QoTD