[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - QOTD 9/19/2012: WWYM #2

QOTD 9/19/2012: WWYM #2

Daily Question of the Day

Moderator: okbye

QOTD 9/19/2012: WWYM #2

Postby LucyLu » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:32 am

You have apples, pumpkins, peaches, or other late summer/fall produce picks traditionally associated with dessert. What do you whip up for your after-dinner treat?
Lucy

~The GEFP official Ace of Cakes~
LucyLu
Vice Admiral Briner

Re: QOTD 9/19/2012: WWYM #2

Postby nolafoodie » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:26 am

LucyLu wrote:You have apples, pumpkins, peaches, or other late summer/fall produce picks traditionally associated with dessert. What do you whip up for your after-dinner treat?

Assuming that "whip up" implies a quick dish, I'd make a crisp: all the goodness of pie, with a lot less work!
nolafoodie
Admiral Briner

Postby gypsy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:16 am

Pumpkin pie
Breast cancer is a disease, not a marketing opportunity.
----------------------------
That Obama sticker on your car might as well say, "Yes, I'm Stupid".
----------------------------
Mangia e statte zitte.
gypsy
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby chefshawn » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:38 am

I'd whip up Mongo, and have him make me apple butter, then my lady, and have her make me a pie...with a real crust.
Official Keeper of the Cookbooks and Learner of New Things Daily

"but civilized man cannot live without cooks."
chefshawn
Big Brother

Postby todd » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Cut up apples with peanut butter and red wine.
todd
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Butterbean » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:35 pm

nolafoodie wrote:Assuming that "whip up" implies a quick dish, I'd make a crisp: all the goodness of pie, with a lot less work!

I agree that "whip up" implies quick dish, so I'd probably go with very ripe pears and frozen puff pastry. I don't have a recipe, but brown sugar and whipped cream and/or ice cream would also be involved. Sounds like a Chopped challenge.

I'd like a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat.
Butterbean
Admiral of the Briners

Return to QoTD