[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - The Egg Files Firs Aired 7/21/99

The Egg Files Firs Aired 7/21/99

Discussions of shows as they air

Moderators: Kama, mojopox, BuddyHolly, Tymoria

The Incredible Edible Egg show

A Culinary Superhero
89%
Good and clean on the outside but....
11%
Should be taken away by the food cops
No votes

Total votes : 9

The Egg Files Firs Aired 7/21/99

Postby Tymoria » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:05 pm

Scrambled boiled or dressed up in a curd Eggs are Good Eats. The Yolks not on us as Alton takes his first look at the egg
Scabbard of Lunacy

Why, we're just The Rockettes with better recipes.

Personal Stalker of CHEF MONGO
Tymoria
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Tymoria » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:22 am

The scene in the dinner kitchen with Steve Rooney and AB kinda had an improvised feel to it. The crew is laughing, Rooney has lost it and AB nearly laughs. I wonder how much of that was Ad libbed, if any of it was. I can tell that neither AB or Rooney expected the egg to explode like that!

Thoughts?
Scabbard of Lunacy

Why, we're just The Rockettes with better recipes.

Personal Stalker of CHEF MONGO
Tymoria
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby Becca » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:29 am

Danita wrote:The scene in the dinner kitchen with Steve Rooney and AB kinda had an improvised feel to it. The crew is laughing, Rooney has lost it and AB nearly laughs. I wonder how much of that was Ad libbed, if any of it was. I can tell that neither AB or Rooney expected the egg to explode like that!

Thoughts?

Well ... my vote would be for total surprise and ad libbing. Sounds like a good question for the next book signing or cooking demo! That or ... do you want to go to lunch :wink: !!!!
Becca

Postby MELMAJESTE » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:56 am

As always alton was humrous and had some very good egg facts learned something new each time i watch the show gg files too was also very interesting MEL
MELMAJESTE
Seaman Briner

over easy eggs

Postby GARCON » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:07 pm

Was thrilled when Alton does the eggs over easy.. i don't like them cooked that way so never learned how to make them.. however my wife loves them and now i can do them for her..
also good info on egg ratings and spatulas...

thx

ab
GARCON

Postby BuddyHolly » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:09 pm

Hi GARCON! I also learned to make over easy eggs watching this episode. I always figured the eggs broke because I was not flipping them right. Turns out, all I needed was fresher eggs. Who knew!
BuddyHolly
Rear Admiral (lower half) Briner

Postby Morgoroth » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:18 am

I like this episode a lot.
It is worth the Lemon Curd Recipie alone.
I have made it twice now and it is really good.
I found out that if you have large lemons you can get away with only zesting 2, but I would follow the recipie the fist time.

My question is about how to tell when it is done.
I know over cooked is no good, and under cooked is samonella country, so how do you tell?
Peter: Lois, it is called "the poop deck", that is why I pooped there.
Ship Officer: You're disgusting.
Peter: And you're misleading.
Morgoroth
Third Class Petty Officer Briner

Return to Show Specific Discussions