[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Turning Japanese

Turning Japanese

Discussions of shows as they air

Moderators: Kama, mojopox, BuddyHolly, Tymoria

Turning Japanese

Postby Lovestolaugh » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:18 pm

I was very happy to see Alton delve into some authentic ethnic cuisine, I love food from all over and happen to be teaching myself to cook some Thai/Japanese dishes over the past few months. So this show couldn't have come with more perfect timing. Coincidentally the first dish I ever made from that region of the world was 'Miso soup'!!! So I knew what it was he was making as soon as he started putting it together. Only difference was I used powdered 'Dashi' {stock}I got from the Asian store. Next time I will get the Bonito flakes and seaweed to make the broth from scratch. The only difference between my Miso soup and Altons was that I put some small pieces of cut Wakame seaweed in the finished soup as a vegetable to be eaten in it and my tofu was cut much smaller. People in Japan commonly eat this soup for breakfast from what I understand.
I wonder if Alton is going to be steering his shows toward more healthy eating styles on a regular basis now due to his personal change in eating habits?
I wonder if we'll see less of the classic comfort foods and more of what we saw on Monday 11/9/ 09?
I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."
John 6:35
Lovestolaugh
Master Chief Petty Officer Briner

Return to Show Specific Discussions