[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - House of the Rising Bun

House of the Rising Bun

Discussions of shows as they air

Moderators: Kama, mojopox, BuddyHolly, Tymoria

House of the Rising Bun

Postby sunrays7 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:57 pm

I just made the Overnight Cinnamon Buns http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/overnight-cinnamon-rolls-recipe/index.html

The recipe turned out great, but now, I have all these cinnamon buns - way too many for me to consume in a healthy time frame! Has anyone tried freezing these either pre or post baking?

thanks,
Sunrays7
sunrays7

Re: House of the Rising Bun

Postby okbye » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:25 pm

No, the only option is to send the excess to me. I will safely dispose of them for you. What can I say, I'm just helpful that way.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby Abfreak91 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:24 am

My family never gives me enough time to freeze the lol but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to but hey new years is coming up...
Abfreak91
Seaman Recruit Briner

Postby sunrays7 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:42 pm

thanks! I think I will try freezing some post-proofing and post-baking. I'll report back!
sunrays7

Postby x76 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:30 pm

I love that recipe! Somehow we never have any left over to try and freeze...
x76
Seaman Apprentice Briner

Postby sunrays7 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:33 am

Hello! Just reporting back in: I made two versions to freeze, one pre-proofing and one post-proofing.
While the oven came to temperature, I would place the cinnamon bun in a buttered small ramekin and put it in the fridge. Once the oven was heated (350), I bake for 20-25minutes. To my taste, there was no difference between the pre- and post- proofing, but of course, not as good as a freshly made one. But, life doesn't always allow for the freshly made/baked version and now I can have a real cinnamon bun any morning.
sunrays7

Return to Show Specific Discussions