[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - "Apple of My Pie"

"Apple of My Pie"

Discussions of shows as they air

Moderators: Kama, mojopox, BuddyHolly, Tymoria

"Apple of My Pie"

Postby nickknock » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:35 pm

There was nothing wrong with the recipe he used on this episode. But having made more pies then I can count, I can say that you can make an excellent apple pie much faster and easier then the one presented. I think a much quicker and simple recipe would be "good eats" and save you a lot of work and time.
nickknock
Seaman Recruit Briner

Re: "Apple of My Pie"

Postby aslansavz » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:55 pm

But then it wouldn't be an Alton pie :)
Darcy

Why yes, I do blog!
Digitize your handwriting
I like science when it's dangerous and potentially deadly - AB
aslansavz
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby sadiedog » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:35 pm

*snirt*

Yeah, if a recipe can be made complicated, AB is the one to do it, gosh darn it!

But we love him anyway. ;)
GES Chickeny Hands Resident Blond(e)/Dense Member
---------------
"When ordinary citizens understand they are being played for fools, they bristle." ~Charles Krauthammer - Washington Post
---------------
My recipes
sadiedog
Admiral Briner

Postby okbye » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: There isn't an AB recipe in existence that can't be made simpler, easier and downright more pleasurably by every other person in the world who isn't AB.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Postby nickknock » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:19 pm

I agree with all above. It's just that Apple Pie, is one I see as best when its simple and fast. I think of it as the entry pie. Let the others be complex, but let the apple pie be the gateway for novice cooks to get one of their first positive experiences. I am a bit biased, I have helped a lot of kids have their first cooking experience cooking apple pies.
I've done so many I can make two very good apple pies(oven ready) from scratch in under 15 minutes (I have the great old school one step peeler/corer/slicer), with minutes to spare. :D
So, when I saw the show, I was thinking look at all that work!

But, you all make good points.
nickknock
Seaman Recruit Briner

Return to Show Specific Discussions