[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - Raising the Bar Again & Curry-ous?

Raising the Bar Again & Curry-ous?

Discussions of shows as they air

Moderators: Kama, mojopox, BuddyHolly, Tymoria

Raising the Bar Again & Curry-ous?

Postby beamer » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Trying to get all my recordings set and titled correctly.

Shouldn't Raising the Bar Again be considered American Classics VI ? It starts off with the drumbeat and the backdrop of the american flag.

Curious case of Curry is a play on Benjamin Buttons.
But why does the title on the chalkboard refrigerator (where do I get one of those anyway) say "Curry-ous" and not "Curious case of Curry"

And why does Food Network, Tivo and Good Eats seem to have different titles for the same show?
beamer

Re: Raising the Bar Again & Curry-ous?

Postby sadiedog » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Um...well... :oops:

All good questions. Very good. Wish I had good answers.

Shouldn't Raising the Bar Again be considered American Classics VI ? It starts off with the drumbeat and the backdrop of the american flag.

Technically, I suppose so, but it wasn't. He has a tendency to name shows any way he feels. Which is fine with me, it's his show..name them in order, out of order, whatever. It does tend to make the the more anal retentive of us tear our hair out. :D

Curious case of Curry is a play on Benjamin Buttons.
But why does the title on the chalkboard refrigerator (where do I get one of those anyway) say "Curry-ous" and not "Curious case of Curry"

Very possible that the Network or AB changed the name before airing and there wasn't time to change the scene. Manufacturers make insets for some refrigerator models, you could try there first. Other than that, how about chalk board paint on some sort of metal with magnets to attach to the front of the fridge?

And why does Food Network, Tivo and Good Eats seem to have different titles for the same show?

That I have no idea other than what I mentioned above. I don't know how TiVo is fed the titles of shows.

Hey WELCOME!
GES Chickeny Hands Resident Blond(e)/Dense Member
---------------
"When ordinary citizens understand they are being played for fools, they bristle." ~Charles Krauthammer - Washington Post
---------------
My recipes
sadiedog
Admiral Briner

Re: Raising the Bar Again & Curry-ous?

Postby carla » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:50 pm

Very good questions, Beamer!

Post in Good Eats General Chat for a bigger response. (That's just the way we roll.)

Welcome.
Resistance isn't about damaging the country, but protecting it.
carla
Admiral of the Briners

Return to Show Specific Discussions