[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
www.goodeatsfanpage.com • View topic - For Whom the Cheese Melts

For Whom the Cheese Melts

Discussions of shows as they air

Moderators: Kama, mojopox, BuddyHolly, Tymoria

For Whom the Cheese Melts

Postby StephAnneRainey » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:42 pm

OK, I've been trying the Stove Top Mac & Cheese. Every time the sauce is grainy. I like that it's and "easy" mac & cheese and it has now replaced the Blue Box in my house. I love Sharp Cheddar, which the recipe calls for, but it seems a bit too much for this recipe. Has anyone else been successful with it?

Stephanie
StephAnneRainey

Re: For Whom the Cheese Melts

Postby Steve » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:33 pm

If it's any indication, the stovetop version of the recipe . . . er. . . application isn't in Good Eats: The Early Years. It may be one of those that didn't quite work "as advertised".
Steve
Chief Petty Officer Briner

Postby aslansavz » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:55 pm

We haven't tried it...so can't comment on the particular application, per se. But isn't grainy cheese in sauces like this because the cheese was melted too quickly and/or all at once instead of giving it a slower melt time in shifts?
Darcy

Why yes, I do blog!
Digitize your handwriting
I like science when it's dangerous and potentially deadly - AB
aslansavz
Vice Admiral Briner

Postby okbye » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:57 pm

We've talked about it on the main board and I haven't made it either but the general consensus is that grainy is caused by too high a heat.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious but I am so that's the way it comes out - Bill Hicks

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.“ Homer Simpson

Charlie Brooker: "What is the most complicated thing you do in your kitchen?"
David Mitchell: "Worry about death."
okbye
Crazy Aunt

Return to Show Specific Discussions